The Livermore-Amador Symphony (LAS) is a community-based orchestra with a professional conductor and concertmaster. We are a big musical family with a long and rich history in the community supported over many decades by our audiences, dedicated leaders, devoted volunteers, and civic leaders. Read more about our history.
Would you like to make orchestral music collaboratively with great people in a positive, friendly, challenging environment, and contribute to the musical life of our community?
The Livermore-Amador Symphony is the right place for you if:
- You are a dedicated amateur musician
- You are a music educator who wants more orchestral playing opportunities
- You are an advanced music student looking for more experience
- You are a retired professional musician who just can’t stop playing
- You are a professional musician looking to build your repertoire and potentially interested in mentoring experience
Informal auditions may be requested at the discretion of the Music Director.
We welcome your interest in playing with LAS. We currently have openings in the Viola and String Bass sections. If a particular section of the orchestra is filled, we would be happy to add your name to our list of musicians to contact should there be an opening in the future. We are always glad to learn of interested musicians in the area.
Rehearsals and performances:
- Weekly rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings from 7:15 to 9:45 p.m., most often at the Bothwell Arts Center in Livermore.
- Dress rehearsals are held from 7:15 to 9:45 p.m. on the Thursday evening immediately preceding a Saturday evening concert.
- We perform four times per year, in December, February, April, and late May or early June, on Saturday evenings in Livermore’s Bankhead Theater.
- There is a fun-filled POPS concert at a different venue, usually in the month of October.
- The orchestra has a vibrant outreach program in the schools.
For more information:
LAS New Musician Application Form (See note below re submitting form)
Applicants high school age or younger: instead complete Student Player Application Form (8/2016)
LAS Musicians Handbook (9/2015, revised 7/2016)
Orchestra Player Policy (9/2015, revised 8/2016)
To apply to join LASYO, our summer youth orchestra, please see info on the LASYO page.
Easiest procedure for submitting a New Musician Application varies by web browser. For example:
Chrome, Firefox, Opera: fill out form online, click browser’s Print icon and save form as a pdf; send as an email attachment.
EDGE: fill out form online, click browser’s Share icon and “Mail” the form.
Safari: fill out form online, click browser’s Share icon and “Email This Page”.
Send applications to Personnel Manager Bryan Waugh by email or mail.
Mail: Livermore-Amador Symphony, P.O. Box 1049, Livermore, CA 94551, attn. Bryan Waugh, Personnel Manager.
© Livermore-Amador Symphony Association